Thursday, January 6, 2011

My 2010 Blanket!

Its the first post of the year and how great to start it with a finished project, my 2010 crochet granny square blanket! Finally finished on new years eve and now all blocked and pressed and sitting proudly on the sofa!

It all started with these...
Growing little by little...

  • Made of 80 squares (taken from Jan Eatons 200 crochet blocks)
  • Using Rowan DK handknit cottons
  • Edged three times
  • Started Easter 2010, finished December 2010!
Tadah!

I am so pleased with this blanket, when I was doing the edging we would all sit under it on the sofa, and its lovely to see my two cozying up underneath it before bedtime watching tv!

Here it is the sofa!


Yipee!



3 comments:

  1. Oh, so lovely! I like that the squares are different sizes and styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh , this looks gorgeous. So bright and cheerful:0)
    Found you via your comment at Button tree .
    Great first post for new blog.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally your blanket looks fabulous. I envy anyone who can weave fibre into beautiful works of art. Congratulations on beginning to blog. I look forward to reading more soon!

    ReplyDelete