Thursday, September 22, 2011

Hair Clip Organiser Tutorial

I thought I'd blog about something which caused a lot of comments on my stall on Saturday, (mostly "Oh what a good idea - I could make that") so I thought I'd show you and tell you how I made it.


Its a hairclip organiser!



 This is one I made one originally for my daughter, as every morning we have a frantic search at half past eight for school hair clips (preferably two that match) no matter how often they are replenished seem to vanish into thin air never to be seen again.


This is the one I made for my stall on Saturday.  Its so easy and you can probably see immediately how its made, (so it feels a bit silly calling it a tutorial!).

Find a nice frame, this one used to be gold I think, and paint it your colour of choice. I like to use spray paint or Annie Sloan paint.

Take the backing board and add some wadding to pad it out slightly, then staplegun your chosen fabric and the ribbons to hold the clips onto the back of the board.

Cover up the back of the board with some felt, (I glued this) and that's it!

A pretty solution to the hair clip problem!


If you'd like one but don't feel like making one, I will be putting this one for sale in my Etsy Shop!

Sally xox

1 comment:

  1. That is a good idea! hehe. Thanks for sharing - though I know how annoying it can be to hear customers say 'Oh that's a good idea, I could make one myself!!!' Not really what you want to hear. You want 'Oh that's a good idea, I'll buy it right away!' hehe ;) Jenny x

    ReplyDelete