Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter & knitting

Phew where did those days go?! We had a super busy half term, after our London days away we have been on an Easter Egg Hunt in the woods,
on a print making Easter cards workshop at the Harley Gallery
had lots of fun sewing and stitching on an brilliant Easter Making workshop with Louise at Hope & Elvis.


Picnicking
Hot tubbing at a friends house (no pictures I'm afraid!), family bbqs, car booting (more of that another day) gardening, and a bit of time for knitting! I've made some progress on the Shalom cardigan. Look...
Thanks for the encouragement Debs I have persevered and you were right - the bit past the cable has been much faster and more enjoyable. I have gone wrong again a couple of times (I'm not sure why I think I must have picked it up back to front or something?!), so I have a couple of unintentional stripes. The thought of unpicking it was too scary, so I have left them in, but I like to think it makes it my own!

Lastly, most exciting of all........ I have a window in my workroom!! I was blown away with my window which replaces two velux windows you couldn't see out of,
when my workspace is reinstated I will have this view!!
and a perfect space for cutting fabrics and patterns!

I can't wait for it to be finished so I can paint it and get all my stuff back in. To do that I will have to sort out all of this!


Thats next weekend's job then! Enjoy your three day week! xxx


3 comments:

  1. Love your new layout its very pretty. Glad you continued with your Shalom you will be finished in no time - the window is fab what a view and all that light. The tidying of craft stuff - oh dear had my fill of that for a while - good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been so busy and so creative! Bet you can't wait to get back into your studio.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The studio is going to be just lovely. I too have a worktable infront of a window but the view is not nearly so lovely! Can't wait to see finished pictures. Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete